Monday 5 November 2012

Daily Delicious Design - Craft Ideas (aka Cockeyed Crafts)

I dream of being a master crafter. I dream of being able to throw together a stick, a piece of gum and a feather to make an awesome dream catcher or to transform my old jeans into designer cushions. But alas, this is not who I am. Don't get me wrong, I always try my damnedest but things are never quite perfect. Hence the name 'Cockeyed Crafts'. This is crafting for us mere mortals, for real women, for the far from perfect. Enjoy the asymmetry!

My first project is the transformation of an old table. I started it a while ago and lost interest, as I tend to do. Then I bought some gorgeous fabric and a staple gun (LOVE IT) and now I've finally completed it. I think it's the perfect toddler-safe table. The table cloth is attached to the top because if you have a toddler you know that a table cloth is simply irresistible! This is how I did it...très simple!


  • I painted the table. I used Plascon Velvaglo because it's really easy to use and very hardy. The only thing is that you should leave it for quite a long time so that it dries properly and stops smelling.
  • I turned the table upside down when it was dry and placed it on top of the fabric (the underside facing up). Then I drew a circle around the table top plus a couple of centimeters extra.
  • I cut out the fabric.
  • I used the staple gun to attach the fabric to the table top.

Voilà! Not perfect but I love it!




No comments:

Post a Comment